Genome-Wide Association Study of Calcium Accumulation in Grains of European Wheat Cultivars
- Dalia Z. Alomari, K. Eggert, N. von Wirén, K. Pillen, M. Röder
- Biology, MedicineFrontiers in Plant Science
- 27 October 2017
The research demonstrates the feasibility of the GWAS approach for illuminating the genetic architecture of calcium-concentration in wheat grains and for identifying putative candidate genes underlying this trait.
Whole-Genome Association Mapping and Genomic Prediction for Iron Concentration in Wheat Grains
- Dalia Z. Alomari, K. Eggert, M. Röder
- Biology, MedicineInternational Journal of Molecular Sciences
- 25 December 2018
The utility of GWAS and GP are confirmed to explore the genetic architecture of GFeC for breeding programs aiming at the improvement of wheat grain quality and the prediction abilities using genomic prediction are confirmed.
Genome-wide and SNP network analyses reveal genetic control of spikelet sterility and yield-related traits in wheat
- Ahmad M. Alqudah, J. Haile, Dalia Z. Alomari, C. Pozniak, B. Kobiljski, A. Börner
- Medicine, BiologyScientific Reports
- 7 February 2020
This is the first comprehensive genome-wide analysis for spikelet sterility in wheat, and the results provide insights into yield improvement.
Identifying Candidate Genes for Enhancing Grain Zn Concentration in Wheat
- Dalia Z. Alomari, K. Eggert, M. Röder
- Medicine, BiologyFrontiers in Plant Science
- 10 September 2018
The genome-wide association study for grain Zn concentrations in 369 European wheat genotypes provides the basis for understanding the genetic background of Zn concentration in wheat grains that in turn may help breeders to select high Zn-containing genotypes to improve human health and grain quality.
Survival and growth of Salmonella Typhimurium, Escherichia coli O157:H7 and Staphylococcus aureus in eggplant dip during storage.
- T. Osaili, A. Al-Nabulsi, R. Holley
- Biology, MedicineJournal of food microbiology
- 2 April 2015
Exploring natural diversity reveals alleles to enhance antioxidant system in barley under salt stress.
- Samar G. Thabet, Dalia Z. Alomari, Ahmad M. Alqudah
- MedicinePlant physiology and biochemistry : PPB
- 24 June 2021
Recent Advances in Wheat (Triticum spp.) Breeding
- Amira M. I. Mourad, Dalia Z. Alomari, Ahmad M. Alqudah, A. Sallam, K. Salem
- BiologyAdvances in Plant Breeding Strategies: Cereals
This chapter presents an overview of wheat germplasm biodiversity and conservation, objectives and stages of wheat breeding programs, cultivation and traditional breeding methods, in addition to modern plant breeding tools including marker-assisted breeding, genetic engineering and genome editing.
Genetic analysis toward more nutritious barley grains for a food secure world
- Samar G. Thabet, Dalia Z. Alomari, H. Brinch-Pedersen, Ahmad M. Alqudah
- MedicineBotanical Studies
- 10 March 2022
Background Understanding the relationships between nutrition, human health and plant food source is among the highest priorities for public health. Therefore, enhancing the minerals content such as…
A Major Facilitator Superfamily Transporter is a putative candidate gene for nutrient mineral (Ca, K, Mg, Mn, P and S) accumulation in bread wheat grains.
- Dalia Z. Alomari, Ahmad M. Alqudah, K. Pillen, N. von Wirén, M. Röder
- MedicineJournal of Experimental Botany
- 18 June 2021
The genome-wide association study for a set of 369 diverse wheat genotypes provides crucial insights into the genetic basis of nutrient minerals variation in wheat and serves as an important foundation for boosting nutritional value for further genetic and molecular mechanisms studies controlling nutrient minerals accumulation in wheat grains.
Elucidating the genetic architecture controlling antioxidant status and ionic balance in barley under salt stress
- Samar G. Thabet, Dalia Z. Alomari, A. Börner, H. Brinch-Pedersen, Ahmad M. Alqudah
- MedicinePlant Molecular Biology
- 2 August 2022
The SNP-trait associations detected in the current study constitute a benchmark for developing molecular selection tools for antioxidant compound selection in barley.