Toxicity of copaiba extracts to armyworm (Spodoptera frugiperda)
- D. S. Alves, G. Carvalho, D. F. Oliveira, Matheus Alvarenga Villas-Boas, G. A. Carvalho
- 22 March 2012
Examining the effects of methanolic extracts from leaves, peels, seeds and pulps from fruits of Copaifera langsdorffii on Spodoptera frugiperda found that extracts derived from leaves and fruit peels were more toxic to S. frugipers than the others.
Toxicity of the phenolic extract from jabuticabeira (Myrciaria cauliflora (Mart.) O. Berg) fruit skins on Spodoptera frugiperda
- A. P. C. Alves, A. D. Corrêa, D. S. Alves, A. Saczk, Jéssica Boreli Dos Reis Lino, G. Carvalho
- 1 June 2014
It was concluded that the extract of jabuticabeira, Myrciaria cauliflora, fruit skin flour is harmful to this insect, probably due to the presence of phenolic compounds.
Antibacterial activity of plant extracts from Brazilian southeast region.
- D. F. Oliveira, A. Pereira, H. W. Carvalho
- Biology, MedicineFitoterapia
- 1 February 2007
Antifungal activity of flavonoids from Heteropterys byrsonimifolia and a commercial source against Aspergillus ochraceus: In silico interactions of these compounds with a protein kinase
- H. L. S. Júnior, V. A. C. Campos, D. F. Oliveira
- 1 August 2014
Biochemical Analysis of a Castor Bean Leaf Extract and its Insecticidal Effects Against Spodoptera frugiperda (Smith) (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae)
- G. D. Rossi, C. D. Santos, G. Carvalho, D. S. Alves, L. Pereira
- Biology, MedicineNeotropical Entomology
- 28 August 2012
The data obtained indicate the existence of a potential molecule in the tested extract of castor bean to be used as an alternative insecticide to be integrated in the management of S. frugiperda.
Selection of Annonaceae Species for the Control of Spodoptera frugiperda (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) and Metabolic Profiling of Duguetia lanceolata Using Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
- D. S. Alves, A. Machado, V. A. C. Campos, D. F. Oliveira, G. Carvalho
- BiologyJournal of Economic Entomology
- 19 January 2016
Analysis of dichloromethane-soluble fractions obtained from the methanolic extracts of 10 Annonaceae species against the fall armyworm, Spodoptera frugiperda showed that the peaks in the 1H NMR spectra associated with increased insecticidal activity could be attributed to 2,4,5-trimethoxystyrene, which suggests that this substance is involved in the Insecticidal activity of the stem bark fraction of D. lanceolata.
Acaricidal activity of Annonaceae fractions against Tetranychus tumidus and Tetranychus urticae (Acari: Tetranychidae) and the metabolite profile of Duguetia lanceolata (Annonaceae) using GC-MS.
- D. S. Alves, R. C. Morejón, A. Machado, G. Carvalho, O. Piña, D. F. Oliveira
- 16 December 2015
The metabolite profile analysis of D. lanceolata stem bark suggested that the main constituents were 2,4,5-trimethoxystyrene and trans-asarone, and the stem bark was found to be the most active fraction against T. urticae .
Toxicity of Cymbopogon flexuosus essential oil and citral for Spodoptera frugiperda
- E. R. D. Oliveira, D. S. Alves, G. Carvalho, Bárbara Maria Ribeiro Guimarães de Oliveira, Smail Aazza, S. Bertolucci
- BiologyCiência e Agrotecnologia
- 1 August 2018
Evaluated the toxicity of lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus) essential oil and its major component (citral) in relation to FAW found citral was responsible for the insecticidal activity of LEO, suggesting selectivity for non-target organisms.
URSOLIC ACID AND CIS-TILIROSIDE PRODUCED BY Merremia tomentosa AFFECT OVIPOSITION OF Leucoptera coffeella ON COFFEE PLANTS
- H. L. S. Júnior, K. C. Lopes, D. S. Alves, G. Carvalho, D. F. Oliveira
- 1 March 2018
Results suggest that, during evolution, L. coffeella learned to identify plants producing inhibitors of these enzymes to avoid oviposition on such plants, and both UA and CT have potential to be used as lead compounds in the development of new products for the control of the coffee leaf miner.