Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Conduction failure in myelinated and non‐myelinated axons at low temperatures
1. The effects of low temperature on conduction in single myelinated and non‐myelinated axons of the feline saphenous nerve were examined and compared. Nerves were cooled by a conventional thermode,… Expand
Mechanisms for differential block among single myelinated and non‐myelinated axons by procaine
1. The differential sensitivity of saphenous nerve fibres in the cat to block by procaine HCl was re‐examined by recording identifiable unit action potentials from small nerve filaments.
Responses of spinocervical tract neurones to natural stimulation of identified cutaneous receptors
SummaryMicroelectrode recordings were made from ascending fibres of the spinocervical tract in spinal, decerebrate and anaesthetized cats. Three types of unit were recognised in spinal cats on the… Expand
Cannabinoid-induced enhancement and depression of cat monosynaptic reflexes
- A. Tramposch, C. Sangdee, D. N. Franz, R. Karler, S. A. Turkanis
- Chemistry, Medicine
- 1 June 1981
Abstract A study of the effects of Δ-tetrahydrocannabinol ( Δ 9 -THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) on the spinal monosynaptic pathway in unanesthetized spinal cats was undertaken in order to elucidate… Expand
Evidence for bulbospinal control of sympathetic preganglionic neurons by monoaminergic pathways.
Depression of sympathetic preganglionic neurons by clonidine: evidence for stimulation of 5-HT receptors.
In unanesthetized spinal cats, clonidine HCl (5-50 microgram/kg, i.v.) rapidly and markedly depressed excitatory transmission through two spinal pathways to sympathetic preganglionic neurons.… Expand
Characteristics of viscerosympathetic reflexes in the spinal cat.
Functional roles of monoaminergic pathways to sympathetic preganglionic neurons.
- D. N. Franz, P. W. Madsen, R. Peterson, C. Sangdee
- Clinical and experimental hypertension. Part A…
Despite considerable progress in mapping the central monoaminergic pathways to sympathetic preganglionic neurons in the spinal cord, the respective functional roles of these pathways have not been… Expand
Dorsal Root Potentials and Ventral Root Reflexes Evoked by Nonmyelinated Fibers
Electrical stimulation of C-fibers in the cat superficial peroneal nerve, with the A-fibers either conducting or blocked by cold, evoked dorsal root potentials having the same polarity as those… Expand
Lithium enhancement of central 5-HT transmission induced by 5-HT precursors.
The effects of acute and chronic lithium chloride administration on synaptic transmission between bulbospinal norepinephrine (NE) or 5-hydroxy-tryptamine (5-HT) pathways and sympathetic preganglionic… Expand