Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Effect of cytochrome P450 arachidonate metabolites on ion transport in rabbit kidney loop of Henle.
In the medullary segment of the thick ascending limb of the loop of Henle (mTALH), arachidonic acid (AA) is metabolized by a cytochrome P450-dependent monooxygenase to products that affect ion… Expand
Control of the subthalamic innervation of substantia nigra pars reticulata by D1 and D2 dopamine receptors.
- Osvaldo Ibáñez-Sandoval, A. Hernández, +6 authors J. Bargas
- Biology, Medicine
- Journal of neurophysiology
- 1 March 2006
The effects of activating dopaminergic D1 and D2 class receptors of the subthalamic projections that innervate the pars reticulata of the subtantia nigra (SNr) were explored in slices of the rat… Expand
Sodium transport across the isolated epithelium of the frog skin
1. A method to separate the epithelium from the underlying layers of the frog skin is described. The method is based on the combined use of collagenase and hydrostatic pressures.
Activation of dopamine D4 receptors modulates [3H]GABA release in slices of the rat thalamic reticular nucleus
The thalamic reticular nucleus (nRt) is innervated by dopaminergic projections from the sustantia nigra compacta (SNc) and is rich in dopamine D4 receptors, however, the functional effects of… Expand
The mechanism of the paralysing action of tetramisole on Ascaris somatic muscle
1 . Tetramisole (100 μg/ml) paralysed live Ascaris in 3 min. 2 . Tetramisole (10 μg/ml) caused a sustained contraction of the isolated somatic muscles of the worm. This contraction was not blocked by… Expand
Activation and blockage of a calcium‐sensitive cation‐selective pathway in the apical membrane of toad urinary bladder.
1. The properties of cation movements through a previously described Ca2+‐sensitive oxytocin‐stimulated pathway in the apical membrane of the toad urinary bladder were further investigated. 2. In the… Expand
Sodium uptake by frog skin and its modification by inhibitors of transepithelial sodium transport
1. The suitability of inulin and mannitol as markers of the diffusional space that exists between the surface of frog skin and the outer barrier to sodium transport has been compared in experiments… Expand
Adenosine A1 receptors control dopamine D1-dependent [3H]GABA release in slices of substantia nigra pars reticulata and motor behavior in the rat
Abnormalities in dopaminergic control of basal ganglia function play a key role in Parkinson's disease. Adenosine appears to modulate the dopaminergic control in striatum, where an inhibitory… Expand
Structure of tight junctions in epithelia with different permeability.
- A. Martínez-Palomo, D. Erlij
- Biology, Medicine
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences…
- 1 November 1975
Freeze-fracture studies have shown a network of intramembrane fibrils in the tight junctions of epithelia. A direct correlation between the number of fibrils and junctional permeability has been… Expand
Salt transport across isolated frog skin.
- D. Erlij
- Medicine, Biology
- Philosophical transactions of the Royal Society…
- 20 August 1971
We have measured on isolated epithelia of Rana skin the amount of tissue sodium that equilibrates with the sodium present in the solution in contact with the outside surface. Only about 12% of the… Expand