Chris R Wright

Learn More
Of 221 patients with breast cancer of known epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) and oestrogen receptor (ER) status, 99 had developed recurrences during the period of follow-up (range 3-60 months, median 24 months). Of these, 72 received endocrine therapy as first-line treatment for relapse. Immunohistochemical assessment of c-erbB-2 protein product(More)
The c-erbB-2 gene is overexpressed in about 20% of human breast cancers. Four hundred and eighty-three cases previously examined by immunohistochemical staining for c-erbB-2 expression were analysed to assess the risk associated with the elevated protein expression. Oncoprotein expression was correlated with increasing tumour grade but not with oestrogen(More)
BACKGROUND Several new assays have been developed for high-risk HPV testing of cervical samples; we compare six HPV tests in a screening population. METHODS Residual material from liquid-based PreservCyt samples was assayed. Four tests (Hybrid Capture 2, Cobas, Abbott and Becton-Dickinson (BD)) measured HPV DNA while two used RNA (APTIMA and NorChip). (More)
Expression of the p53, the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFr; c-erbB-1) and c-erbB-2 proteins was studied in 82 patients with primary transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder using an immuno-histochemical method. Strong or moderate staining was found in 18% of tumours for p53 with weaker staining in a further 36% giving a total of 54% of tumours(More)
There is considerable interest at present in the role of growth factors, their receptors and other oncogene products in the development and progression of human cancers. Alterations in a variety of oncogenes have been reported in urological malignancies (Russell et al., 1990). Approximately 10% of bladder tumours have activated ras oncogenes (Fujita et al.,(More)
Sixty-eight patients with advanced breast cancer were treated with mitoxantrone and clinical responses assessed. Expression of c-erbB-2 protein and cytosolic glutathione S-transferase (GST) isoenzymes pi, alpha and mu by the primary tumours of these patients was determined immunohistochemically, and correlated with treatment response. Tumours overexpressing(More)
OBJECTIVE Intraosseous access (IO) is becoming increasingly accepted in adult populations as an alternative to peripheral vascular access; however, there is still insufficient evidence in large patient groups supporting its use. METHODS Retrospective review. This paper reports on the use of IO devices over a 7-year period from August 2006 to August 2013(More)
Metaplastic breast carcinoma (MBC) is a rare neoplasm containing a mixture of epithelial and mesenchymal elements. The epithelial component is usually ductal carcinoma but may include other variants of breast carcinomas including squamous carcinoma and osteogenic sarcoma. There is a relative paucity of data regarding such tumours. Metaplastic carcinoma(More)
  • 1