Learn More
In this investigation, eight Air Force air traffic controllers (ATCs) performed three scenarios on TRACON (Terminal Radar Approach Control), a computer-based air traffic control (ATC) simulation. Two scenarios were used each with three levels of difficulty. One scenario varied traffic volume by manipulating the number of aircraft to be handled and the(More)
PURPOSE To explore relationships between parent and teen demographic characteristics, parent beliefs about the effectiveness, safety and usability of condoms and oral contraceptives, and parent-teen sexual communication. METHODS One thousand parents of 13-17-year-olds were surveyed. Structural equation modeling was used to test direct and indirect(More)
EEG changes related to the amount of information held in memory during a 4-s retention period were studied. The predictability of the amount of information held in memory was varied. In the weighted condition, 60% of the trials contained only one item and the remaining 40% of the trials were evenly distributed between trials containing 3, 5, 7, or 8 items.(More)
This study examined whether alpha event-related desynchronization (ERD) and theta event-related synchronization (ERS) could successfully measure changes in cognitive workload and training while an operator was engaged in a continuous, interactive, control task(s). Alpha 1 (8-10 Hz) ERD, alpha 2 (10-12 Hz) ERD, and theta (3-7 Hz) ERS were determined for a(More)
A series of experiments were conducted to systematically evaluate the relative contributions of task difficulty and stimulus probability to P300 amplitudes. Scalp event-related potentials (ERPs) were recorded and the topographic distributions were evaluated during a multi-level cognitive task with an antecedent warning. In three separate studies, task(More)
  • 1