Brain-derived neurotrophic factor-deficient mice develop aggressiveness and hyperphagia in conjunction with brain serotonergic abnormalities.
- W. Lyons, L. Mamounas, L. Tessarollo
- Biology, PsychologyProceedings of the National Academy of Sciences…
- 21 December 1999
The results indicate that endogenous BDNF is critical for the normal development and function of central 5-HT neurons and for the elaboration of behaviors that depend on these nerve cells, and BDNF(+/-) mice may provide a useful model to study human psychiatric disorders attributed to dysfunction of serotonergic neurons.
Cerebellar Long-Term Depression Requires PKC-Regulated Interactions between GluR2/3 and PDZ Domain–Containing Proteins
- Jun Xia, H. J. Chung, C. Wihler, R. Huganir, D. Linden
- Biology, ChemistryNeuron
- 1 November 2000
Impaired left ventricular relaxation in type 2 diabetic rats is related to myocardial accumulation of Nɛ‐(carboxymethyl) lysine
- S. Schäfer, J. Huber, C. Wihler, H. Rütten, A. Busch, W. Linz
- Biology, MedicineEuropean Journal of Heart Failure
- 1 January 2006
Renal accumulation and clearance of advanced glycation end-products in type 2 diabetic nephropathy: effect of angiotensin-converting enzyme and vasopeptidase inhibition
- C. Wihler, S. Schäfer, J. Huber
- Medicine, BiologyDiabetologia
- 12 July 2005
Improved AGE clearance and direct inhibition of AGE formation by chelation may contribute to reduced accumulation of renal AGEs and to the nephroprotective effects of vasopeptidase inhibition in type 2 diabetes.