• Publications
  • Influence
Bleomycin-specific fragmentation of double-stranded DNA.
Brief exposure of covalently closed circular duplex PM2 DNA to low concentrations of the clinical bleomycin mixture (Blenoxane) resulted in specific fragmentation of the genome that does not dependExpand
  • 155
  • 3
Fragmentation of deoxyribonucleic acid by bleomycin.
  • C. W. Haidle
  • Biology, Medicine
  • Molecular pharmacology
  • 1 November 1971
The ability of the antibiotic bleomycin to cause single- as well as double-strand breaks in deoxyribonucleic acid in vitro has been confirmed. Heat-denatured, single-stranded DNA is considerably moreExpand
  • 102
  • 2
Bleomycin-induced alkaline-labile damage and direct strand breakage of PM2 DNA.
Bleomycin-inducedbreakage of an isolated covalently closed circular DMA from bacteriophage PM2 was as sayed fluorometrically after agarose gel electrophoresis and staining with ethidium bromide. WhenExpand
  • 49
  • 2
Release of free bases from deoxyribonucleic acid after reaction with bleomycin.
Labeled free bases could be detected chromatographically after reaction of deoxyribonucleic acid with high concentrations of the antibiotic bleomycin. Thymine, adenine, guanine, and cytosine wereExpand
  • 114
  • 1
Induction of bacteriophage by bleomycin.
Bleomycin causes the rapid induction of both λ bacteriophage in Escherichia coli K-12 (λ) and the defective bacteriophage PBSH in Bacillus subtilis 168. The production of the phages is induced evenExpand
  • 18
  • 1
A colorimetric assay of 2-heptanone and other ketones.
  • 8
Control of dimorphism in Mucor rouxii.
Haidle, C. W. (The University of Texas, Austin), and R. Storck. Control of dimorphism in Mucor rouxii. J. Bacteriol. 92:1236-1244. 1966.-Yeastlike cells of Mucor rouxii NRRL 1894 were converted toExpand
  • 75
Neocarzinostatin-mediated DNA damage and repair in wild-type and repair-deficient Chinese hamster ovary cells.
The formation and repair of neocarzinostatin (NCS)-mediated DNA damage were examined in two strains of Chinese hamster ovary cells. The response in strain EM9, a mutant line selected for itsExpand
  • 18
Characterization of bleomycin-resistant DNA.
After reaction of DNA with high concentrations of bleomycin, approximately 80% of the DNA becomes trichloroacetic acid (TCA) soluble. The remaining 20% of the DNA remains TCA insoluble. Upon furtherExpand
  • 30
Daunorubicin-induced DNA lesions in isolated rat hepatocytes and mammary epithelial cells.
Daunorubicin, an anticancer drug, induces primarily mammary adenocarcinoma in Sprague-Dawley rats. We investigated daunorubicin-induced DNA lesions in enzymatically isolated mammary epithelial cellsExpand
  • 4