Effect of carbon source and aeration rate on broth rheology and fungal morphology during red pigment production by Paecilomyces sinclairii in a batch bioreactor.
- Y. Cho, H. Hwang, Sang Woo Kim, C. Song, J. Yun
- Chemistry, MedicineJournal of Biotechnology
- 25 April 2002
Optimazation of Submerged Culture Conditions for Exo-Biopolymer Production by Paecilomyces japonica
- J. Bae, J. Sinha, Jong Pil Park, C. Song, J. Yun
Optimization of submerged culture conditions for the production of exo-biopolymer from Paecilomyces japonica was studied. Maltose, yeast extract, and potassium phosphate were the most suitable…
White button mushroom (Agaricus bisporus) lowers blood glucose and cholesterol levels in diabetic and hypercholesterolemic rats.
- S. Jeong, Yong-Tae Jeong, C. Song
- Biology, MedicineNutrition Research
Effect of agitation intensity on the exo‐biopolymer production and mycelial morphology in Cordyceps militaris
Aims: The influence of agitation intensity on Cordyceps militaris morphology and exo‐biopolymer production was investigated in a 5 litre stirred vessel using a six‐blade Rushton turbine impeller.
Hypoglycemic Effect of a Lentinus edodes Exo-polymer Producedfrom a Submerged Mycelial Culture
- Byung‐Keun Yang, Dong-Hyun Kim, C. Song
- ChemistryBioscience, biotechnology and biochemistry
- 1 January 2002
The hypoglycemic effect of an exo-polymer produced from a submerged mycelial culture of Lentinus edodes was investigated in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats and a single peak was found to have been a glycoprotein with a molecular weight of 52kDa.
Isolation and Identification of Antifungal Compounds from Bacillus subtilis C9 Inhibiting the Growth of Plant Pathogenic Fungi
- M. Islam, Yong-Tae Jeong, Y. Lee, C. Song
- Biology, MedicineMycobiology
- 1 March 2012
Results from the present study demonstrated the significant potential of the purified compound from isolate C9 for use as a biocontrol agent as well as a plant growth promoter with the ability to trigger induced systemic resistance of plants.
Effect of substrate concentration on broth rheology and fungal morphology during exo-biopolymer production by Paecilomyces japonica in a batch bioreactor
- J. Sinha, J. Bae, Jong Pil Park, C. Song, J. Yun
- Materials Science, Engineering
- 4 October 2001
Effect of aeration rate on the mycelial morphology and exo-biopolymer production in Cordyceps militaris
- Jong Pil Park, Young Mi Kim, J. Yun
- Materials Science
- 1 June 2002
Production of a hypoglycemic, extracellular polysaccharide from the submerged culture of the mushroom, Phellinus linteus
- Dong-Hyun Kim, Byung‐Keun Yang, C. Song
- BiologyBiotechnology Letters
- 1 April 2001
The results indicate the potential of this polysaccharide to prevent hyperglycemia in diabetic patients and the hypoglycemic effect of the poly Saccharide, investigated in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats.
Hypolipidemic Effect of an Exo-biopolymer Produced from a Submerged Mycelial Culture of Hericium erinaceus
- Byung‐Keun Yang, Jun-Bo Park, C. Song
- BiologyBioscience, biotechnology and biochemistry
- 1 January 2003
The hypolipidemic effect of an exo-biopolymer produced from a submerged mycelial culture of Hericium erinaceus was investigated in dietary-induced hyperlipidemic rats. Hypolipidemic effects were…