Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Reliability and validity of ten consumer activity trackers
- Thea J. M. Kooiman, M. Dontje, S. R. Sprenger, W. Krijnen, C. P. van der Schans, M. de Groot
- BMC Sports Science, Medicine and Rehabilitation
- 12 October 2015
BackgroundActivity trackers can potentially stimulate users to increase their physical activity behavior. The aim of this study was to examine the reliability and validity of ten consumer activity… Expand
Clinical diagnosis of an anterior cruciate ligament rupture: a meta-analysis.
- A. Benjaminse, A. Gokeler, C. P. van der Schans
- The Journal of orthopaedic and sports physical…
- 1 May 2006
STUDY DESIGN Meta-analysis. OBJECTIVES To define the accuracy of clinical tests for assessing anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) ruptures. BACKGROUND The cruciate ligaments, and especially the ACL,… Expand
Perception of fatigue and quality of life in patients with COPD.
INTRODUCTION Although dyspnea is considered the primary activity-limiting symptom in patients with COPD, other symptoms, such as fatigue, are frequently reported. The purpose of this study was to… Expand
Reliability and Validity of Ten Consumer Activity Trackers Depend on Walking Speed
- T. Fokkema, Thea J. M. Kooiman, W. Krijnen, C. P. van der Schans, M. de Groot
- Psychology, Medicine
- Medicine and science in sports and exercise
- 1 April 2017
Purpose To examine the test–retest reliability and validity of ten activity trackers for step counting at three different walking speeds. Methods Thirty-one healthy participants walked twice on a… Expand
Frail Institutionalized Older Persons: A Comprehensive Review on Physical Exercise, Physical Fitness, Activities of Daily Living, and Quality-of-Life
- Elizabeth Weening-Dijksterhuis, M. D. de Greef, E. Scherder, J. Slaets, C. P. van der Schans
- American journal of physical medicine…
- 1 February 2011
The objective of this study was to perform a systematic review on training outcomes influencing physical fitness, activity of daily living performance, and quality-of-life in institutionalized older… Expand
Measuring steps with the Fitbit activity tracker: an inter-device reliability study
- M. Dontje, M. de Groot, Remko R. Lengton, C. P. van der Schans, W. Krijnen
- Mathematics, Medicine
- Journal of medical engineering & technology
- 26 June 2015
Abstract Activity trackers like Fitbit are used for self-tracking of physical activity by an increasing number of individuals. Comparing physical activity scores with peers can contribute to the… Expand
Prevalence of accurate nursing documentation in patient records.
- W. Paans, W. Sermeus, R. Nieweg, C. P. van der Schans
- Journal of advanced nursing
- 1 November 2010
AIM This paper is a report of a study conducted to describe the accuracy of nursing documentation in patient records in hospitals. Background. Accurate nursing documentation enables nurses to… Expand
A multidimensional cancer rehabilitation program for cancer survivors: effectiveness on health-related quality of life.
- E. van Weert, J. Hoekstra-Weebers, +5 authors C. P. van der Schans
- Journal of psychosomatic research
- 1 June 2005
OBJECTIVE A multidimensional rehabilitation program for cancer survivors was developed to overcome cancer-related problems and to improve quality of life. The two purposes of the study were to… Expand
Inspiratory muscle training in patients with cystic fibrosis.
- W. de Jong, W. V. van Aalderen, J. Kraan, G. Koëter, C. P. van der Schans
- Respiratory medicine
Little information is available about the effects of inspiratory muscle training in patients with cystic fibrosis (CF). In this study the effects of inspiratory-threshold loading in patients with CF… Expand
The reliability and validity of ultrasound to quantify muscles in older adults: a systematic review
- W. Nijholt, A. Scafoglieri, H. Jager‐Wittenaar, J. S. Hobbelen, C. P. van der Schans
- Journal of cachexia, sarcopenia and muscle
- 12 July 2017
This review evaluates the reliability and validity of ultrasound to quantify muscles in older adults. The databases PubMed, Cochrane, and Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature were… Expand