Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Endoscopic full-thickness resection in the colorectum with a novel over-the-scope device: first experience.
BACKGROUND AND STUDY AIMS Endoscopic full-thickness resection (EFTR) in the lower gastrointestinal tract may be a valuable therapeutic and diagnostic approach for a variety of indications. Although… Expand
Glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase (Zwischenferment). I. Isolation of the crystalline enzyme from yeast.
Association of a common vitamin D-binding protein polymorphism with inflammatory bowel disease
- J. J. Eloranta, Christa Wenger, +5 authors G. Kullak-Ublick
- Pharmacogenetics and genomics
- 1 September 2011
Objective Inflammatory bowel diseases (IBDs), Crohn's disease, and ulcerative colitis (UC), are multifactorial disorders, characterized by chronic inflammation of the intestine. A number of genetic… Expand
Treatment of Esophageal Variceal Hemorrhage with Self-Expanding Metal Stents as a Rescue Maneuver in a Swiss Multicentric Cohort
- Fabienne C. Fierz, W. Kistler, V. Stenz, C. Gubler
- Case Reports in Gastroenterology
- 7 March 2013
Acute esophageal variceal bleeding in patients with portal hypertension remains a complication with a high mortality today. In cases refractory to standard therapy including endoscopic band ligation… Expand
Garlic extract induces intestinal P-glycoprotein, but exhibits no effect on intestinal and hepatic CYP3A4 in humans.
- J. Hajda, K. Rentsch, C. Gubler, H. Steinert, B. Stieger, K. Fattinger
- Biology, Medicine
- European journal of pharmaceutical sciences…
- 23 December 2010
Garlic extracts have been shown to decrease drug exposure for saquinavir, a P-glycoprotein and cytochrome P450 3A4 substrate. In order to explore the underlying mechanisms and to study the effects of… Expand
Improved capsule endoscopy after bowel preparation.
- N. Dai, C. Gubler, P. Hengstler, C. Meyenberger, P. Bauerfeind
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy
BACKGROUND The diagnostic yield of capsule endoscopy depends on the quality of visualization of the small-bowel wall and complete passage through the small bowel. This study examined the effect of… Expand
"Sparing the surgeon": clinical experience with over-the-scope clips for gastrointestinal perforation.
With increasingly advanced therapeutic endoscopic procedures and more complex gastrointestinal surgery, endoscopists are more often confronted with perforations, fistulas, and anastomotic leakages… Expand
Routine use of Hemospray for gastrointestinal bleeding: prospective two-center experience in Switzerland.
- M. Sulz, Remus Frei, C. Meyenberger, P. Bauerfeind, G. Semadeni, C. Gubler
- 25 April 2014
Hemospray (Cook Medical, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA) is a hemostatic agent recently introduced for the management of upper gastrointestinal bleeding (GIB). To date, there is little experience… Expand
Isolation of transketolase from rabbit liver and comparison of some of its kinetic properties with transketolase from other sources.
1. Rabbit liver transketolase activity was purified 56-fold using the following steps: ammonium sulfate precipitation, chromatography on DEAE-Sephadex A-25, concentration through an Amicon… Expand