Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Fluorescence-Spectrum Curves of Chlorophylls, Pheophytins, Phycoerythrins, Phycocyanins and Hypericin.
The distribution and action in photosynthesis of several forms of chlorophyll.
- C. French
- Physics, Medicine
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences…
- 1 November 1971
This symposium commemorates the discovery by Priestley 200 years ago that plants somehow reconstitute air that has been used by animals. Priestley's finding preceded the discovery of oxygen and… Expand
Effects of oxygen on the electron transport chain of photosynthesis
SummaryOxygen was taken up by both intact and broken chloroplasts when catalase was posioned. In confirmation of other work we found that oxygen enters the electron transport chain of isolated… Expand
Pseudo Uptake Retention Functions for the Whole Body for Estimating Intakes from Excretion Bioassay Data
Absorption Spectra and Relative Photostability of the Different Forms of Chlorophyll in Chlorella.
4. ARNON, D. I., WHATLEY, F. R. and ALLEN, M. B. Assimilatory power in photosynthesis. Science 127: 1026-1034. 1958. 5. FRANCK, J. Remarks on the long-wave length limits of photosynthesis and… Expand
THE FLUORESCENCE SPECTRA OF RED ALGAE AND THE TRANSFER OF ENERGY FROM PHYCOERYTHRIN TO PHYCOCYANIN AND CHLOROPHYLL
1. The fluorescence spectra of the alga Porphyridium have been recorded as energy distribution curves for eleven different incident wave lengths of monochromatic incident light between wave lengths… Expand
Evidences from Action Spectra for a Specific Participation of Chlorophyll b in Photosynthesis
Rate of oxygen evolution in photosynthesis was measured as the current from a polarized platinum electrode covered by a thin layer of Chlorella. The arrangement gave a reproducibly measurable rate of… Expand
Four universal forms of chlorophyll a.
We have matched the red absorption band measured at -196 C in a variety of chloroplast preparations with four major component curves representing forms of chlorophyll a having peaks at 661.6, 669.6,… Expand
The action spectrum for the transformation of protochlorophyll to chlorophyll a in normal and albino corn seedlings.
- V. M. Koski, C. French, J. Smith
- Chemistry, Medicine
- Archives of biochemistry and biophysics
- 1 March 1951
Abstract 1. 1. A monochromator has been developed for use with a high intensity lamp by means of which leaves can be illuminated throughout the visible spectrum with light monochromatic within 5 mμ.… Expand