The absence of P2X7 receptors (P2rx7) on non-haematopoietic cells leads to selective alteration in mood-related behaviour with dysregulated gene expression and stress reactivity in mice
- C. Csölle, R. Andó, B. Sperlágh
- BiologyInternational Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology
- 16 January 2012
Evidence is presented that the absence of P2rx7s on non-haematopoietic cells leads to a mood-stabilizing phenotype in several behavioural models and a therapeutic potential of P1X7 antagonists for the treatment of mood disorders is suggested.
Neurochemical Changes in the Mouse Hippocampus Underlying the Antidepressant Effect of Genetic Deletion of P2X7 Receptors
- C. Csölle, M. Baranyi, B. Sperlágh
- Biology, PsychologyPLoS ONE
- 21 June 2013
Several potential mechanisms are studied, such as the absence of P2rx7-mediated glutamate release, elevated basal BDNF production, enhanced neurogenesis and increased 5-HT bioavailability in the hippocampus, which accompanied the increased uptake of [3H]5-HT and an elevated number of [ 3H]citalopram binding sites.
P2 receptor-mediated modulation of neurotransmitter release—an update
- B. Sperlágh, A. Heinrich, C. Csölle
- BiologyPurinergic Signalling Purinergic Signalling
- 1 September 2007
The rapidly emerging data on the modulation of transmitter release by facilitatory and inhibitory P2 receptors and the receptor subtypes involved in these interactions are reviewed.
Modulation of neurotransmitter release by P2X and P2Y receptors in the rat spinal cord
- A. Heinrich, Á. Kittel, C. Csölle, E. Vizi, B. Sperlágh
- Biology, ChemistryNeuropharmacology
- 1 February 2008
Lack of neuroprotection in the absence of P2X7 receptors in toxin-induced animal models of Parkinson's disease
- Z. Hracskó, M. Baranyi, B. Sperlágh
- Biology, MedicineMolecular Neurodegeneration
- 4 May 2011
It is concluded that P2X7 receptor deficiency or inhibition does not support the survival of dopaminergic neurons in an in vivo or in vitro models of PD.
Central P2Y12 receptor blockade alleviates inflammatory and neuropathic pain and cytokine production in rodents
- G. Horváth, F. Gölöncsér, B. Sperlágh
- Biology, MedicineNeurobiology of Disease
- 1 October 2014
The role of P2X7 receptors in a rodent PCP-induced schizophrenia model
- B. Koványi, C. Csölle, B. Sperlágh
- Psychology, BiologyScientific Reports
- 8 November 2016
Using the PCP induced schizophrenia model, it is shown that both genetic deletion and pharmacological inhibition of P2X7Rs alleviate schizophrenia-like behavioral alterations and point to P2x7R as a potential therapeutic target in schizophrenia.
Peripheral origin of IL-1β production in the rodent hippocampus under in vivo systemic bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS) challenge and its regulation by P2X7 receptors
- C. Csölle, B. Sperlágh
- BiologyJournal of Neuroimmunology
- 26 February 2010
The inhibitory action of exo- and endocannabinoids on [3H]GABA release are mediated by both CB1 and CB2 receptors in the mouse hippocampus
- R. Andó, J. Bíró, C. Csölle, C. Ledent, B. Sperlágh
- Biology, ChemistryNeurochemistry International
- 31 January 2012
P2Y receptor mediated inhibitory modulation of noradrenaline release in response to electrical field stimulation and ischemic conditions in superfused rat hippocampus slices
- C. Csölle, A. Heinrich, Á. Kittel, B. Sperlágh
- BiologyJournal of Neurochemistry
- 1 July 2008
EFS‐evoked [3H]NA outflow in the hippocampus is subject to inhibitory modulation by P2Y1/P2Y13 receptors, and endogenous activation of both facilitatory and inhibitory P2 receptors may participate in the modulation of pathological NA release under ischemic‐like conditions.