Learn More
We examined 52 consecutive patients who underwent autogenous dermis-fat implantation in anophthalmic sockets during the past five years. The results of the study show that 81% of the cases had no change in the volume of the graft during a mean follow-up period of 2 1/2 years, ranging from a minimum of six months to a maximum of five years. The remaining 19%(More)
Autogenous kinetic lipodermal implantation in the orbit is an effective postenucleation procedure that gives optimal socket volume, motility, and cosmesis. The major complication of autogenous lipodermal implantation is graft atrophy. Other minor complications are infection, hair retention, conjunctival cysts, wound dehiscence, and suture granuloma. We(More)
The efficacy of palpebral dacryoadenectomy (PDA) to relieve epiphora was studied in 37 patients. Symptomatic relief and postoperative Schirmer testing was used in the evaluation. The technique is described. All patients had patent lacrimal excretory systems: 62% of patients undergoing lacrimal lobectomy had complete relief of epiphora; 19% had some(More)
Over a seven-year period, a 22-year-old woman developed clinical linear scleroderma with associated ipsilateral coloboma of the upper eyelid, blepharoptosis, enophthalmos, and impairment of extraocular motility. Reconstructive surgery included correction of the enophthalmos by Silastic block implant, closure of the coloboma, and resection of the levator(More)
  • 1