DNA Barcoding of Metazoan Zooplankton Copepods from South Korea
- Su Youn Baek, K. Jang, U. Hwang
- Environmental SciencePLoS ONE
- 6 July 2016
Copepods, small aquatic crustaceans, are the most abundant metazoan zooplankton and outnumber every other group of multicellular animals on earth. In spite of ecological and biological importance in…
Developmental stages and growth of Pseudocaligus fugu Yamaguti, 1936 (Copepoda: Siphonostomatoida: Caligidae) host-specific to Puffer
- S. Ohtsuka, I. Takami, G. Boxshall
- Biology, Environmental Science
- 21 July 2009
The post-embryonic development of the copepod Pseudocaligus fugu is described, which lacks any preadult stage, as in Caligus, but contrasts with Lepeophtheirus species in which two preadult stages are reported.
Complete life cycle of a pennellid Peniculus minuticaudae Shiino, 1956 (Copepoda: Siphonostomatoida) infecting cultured threadsail filefish, Stephanolepis cirrhifer
- N. Ismail, S. Ohtsuka, B. V. Venmathi Maran, S. Tasumi, K. Zaleha, H. Yamashita
- 29 October 2013
P. minuticaudae is the first ectoparasitic pennellid to be discovered to complete its life cycle on a single host without any change in infection site preferences between infective copepodid and fertilized pre-metamorphic female.
A mini-review on the impact of COVID 19 on vital organs
- M. D. Shah, Aini Simon Sumeh, M. Sheraz, M. Kavitha, B. V. Venmathi Maran, K. F. Rodrigues
- Medicine, BiologyBiomedicine and Pharmacotherapy
- 4 September 2021
The caligid life cycle: new evidence from Lepeophtheirus elegans reconciles the cycles of Caligus and Lepeophtheirus (Copepoda: Caligidae)
- B. V. Venmathi Maran, S. Y. Moon, G. Boxshall
- Biology, Environmental ScienceParasite
- 7 May 2013
The typical caligid life cycle comprises only eight stages: two naupliar, one copepodid, and four chalimus stages preceding the adult in Caligus, but with the four chAlimus stages represented by two Chalimus and two pre-adult stages in Lepeophtheirus.
Caligus sclerotinosus (Copepoda: Caligidae), a serious pest of cultured red seabream Pagrus major (Sparidae) in Korea.
- B. V. Venmathi Maran, Sung-Yong Oh, H. Soh, Hee-Jung Choi, J. Myoung
- Environmental Science, BiologyVeterinary parasitology
- 10 September 2012
The lunule of caligid copepods: an evolutionarily novel structure
- Tomonari Kaji, B. V. Venmathi Maran, Yuusuke Kondoh, S. Ohtsuka, Geoff A. Boxshall, A. Tsukagoshi
- BiologyEvolution & Development
- 1 November 2012
This case study compared the morphology and development of the anterior margin of the frontal plates between two caligids, Pseudocaligus fugu and Lepeophtheirus sekii, and a more basal caligiform, Dissonus heronensis, to suggest that the lunules originated as a modification of the marginal membranes of the ancestral frontal plates.
Integrated biological control of water hyacinths, Eichhornia crassipes by a novel combination of grass carp, Ctenopharyngodon idella (Valenciennes, 1844), and the weevil, Neochetina spp.
- A. Gopalakrishnan, M. Rajkumar, Jun Sun, A. Parida, B. V. Venmathi Maran
- 15 January 2011
The combined use of grass carp and weevils to be more efficient and sustainable for managing water hyacinths than the use of these organisms individually.
Seasonal occurrence and microhabitat of the hyperparasitic monogenean Udonella fugu on the caligid Copepod Pseudocaligus fugu infecting the grass puffer Takifugu niphobles in the Seto Inland Sea,…
- Hiroko Okawachi, S. Ohtsuka, N. Ismail, B. V. Venmathi Maran, K. Ogawa
- Environmental ScienceOcean Science Journal
- 29 September 2012
The seasonal occurrence and microhabitat of the monogenean Udonella fugu that hyperparasitizes exclusively on adults of the caligid copepod Pseudocaligus fugu that infects the skin of the grass…
An Update on the Effectiveness of Probiotics in the Prevention and Treatment of Cancer
- Vidya Sankarapandian, B. V. Venmathi Maran, B. Ahn
- Biology, MedicineLife
- 1 January 2022
The present review focuses on the various mechanisms underlying the role of probiotics in the prevention and treatment of cancer.