Avram M. Slovic

Learn More
Using a cell fusion assay, we show here that in addition to complete fusion SNAREs also promote hemifusion as an alternative outcome. Approximately 65% of events resulted in full fusion, and the remaining 35% in hemifusion; of those, approximately two thirds were permanent and approximately one third were reversible. We predict that this relatively close(More)
Membrane proteins and water-soluble proteins share a similar core. This similarity suggests that it should be possible to water-solubilize membrane proteins by mutating only their lipid-exposed residues. We have developed computational tools to design water-soluble variants of helical membrane proteins, using the pentameric phospholamban (PLB) as our test(More)
  • 1