Avanti Patil

Learn More
The aim of this study was to determine whether the position of the tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) has an effect on the resolution of irritative symptoms in women undergoing the TVT operation. Initial audit suggested that more distally placed tapes were more likely to result in the resolution of irritative symptoms. An appropriately powered study was(More)
The study assessed the effect of offering a 4-week course of duloxetine therapy to 73 women awaiting a tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) operation. Twenty-seven women (37%) declined taking the drug, leaving 46 women (63%) willing to take drug therapy. Thirteen women were scheduled for a TVT with concurrent prolapse surgery, and 1 of these women decided that(More)
The relationship between free flow (FFS) and pressure flow (PFS) voiding studies remains uncertain and the effect of a urethral catheter on flow rates has not been determined. The relationship between residuals obtained at FF and PFS has yet to be established. This was a prospective cohort study based on 474 consecutive women undergoing cystometry using(More)
PURPOSE OF REVIEW To determine the effects of repair of pelvic organ prolapse (POP) on detrusor overactivity, overactive bladder (OAB) symptoms and voiding function. Understanding the cause of OAB in women with prolapse gives us more insight into the cause of detrusor overactivity and OAB in general. Understanding the different causes involved in OAB will(More)
  • 1