Audrey K Bangi
Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Diverse Phases of Collaboration: Working Together to Improve Community-Based HIV Interventions for Adolescents
- G. Harper, A. K. Bangi, R. Contreras, A. Pedraza, Michelle Tolliver, L. Vess
- Medicine, Psychology
- American journal of community psychology
- 1 June 2004
Although alliances between community-based organizations (CBOs) and university-based evaluators provide opportunities to enhance community-based interventions, such partnerships may be fraught with… Expand
A quasi-experimental evaluation of a community-based HIV prevention intervention for Mexican American female adolescents: the SHERO's program.
- G. Harper, A. K. Bangi, B. Sánchez, Mimi Doll, A. Pedraza
- AIDS education and prevention : official…
- 1 October 2009
This article describes a quasi-experimental evaluation of a community-based, culturally and ecologically tailored HIV prevention intervention for Mexican American female adolescents grounded in the… Expand
Ecological factors influencing HIV sexual risk and resilience among young people in rural Kenya: implications for prevention.
- G. Harper, Andrew J Riplinger, L. C. Neubauer, A. Murphy, J. Velcoff, A. K. Bangi
- Health education research
- 1 February 2014
Most new HIV infections in Kenya occur among young people. The purpose of this study was to understand ecological factors that influence HIV-related sexual risk and resilience among young people in… Expand
Transdisciplinary Research and Evaluation for Community Health Initiatives
Transdisciplinary research and evaluation projects provide valuable opportunities to collaborate on interventions to improve the health and well-being of individuals and communities. Given team… Expand
Perspectives of Community Partners and Researchers About Factors Impacting Coalition Functioning Over Time
- Mimi Doll, G. Harper, +4 authors the Adolescent Medicine Trials Network for HIV/AID
- Medicine, Psychology
- Journal of prevention & intervention in the…
- 1 April 2012
This study explored organizational and contextual factors impacting coalition functioning across 15 community–researcher coalitions that were formed to lower rates of HIV among youth. Mixed-methods… Expand
Connect to Protect Researcher-Community Partnerships: Assessing Change in Successful Collaboration Factors over Time.
- Mauri A. Ziff, N. Willard, G. Harper, A. K. Bangi, J. Johnson, J. Ellen
- Sociology, Medicine
- Global journal of community psychology practice
Fifteen research sites within the Adolescent Medicine Trials Network for HIV/AIDS Interventions launched Connect to Protect community coalitions in urban areas across the United States and in Puerto… Expand
Female adolescents and older male sex partners: HIV associated risk.
- G. Harper, Mimi Doll, A. K. Bangi, R. Contreras
- The Journal of adolescent health : official…
- 1 March 2002
This article focuses on the HIV infection risk associated with sexual relationships between female adolescents and older men. Unlike adult populations it is noted that HIV and AIDS affect female… Expand
Building bridges between organization development and community psychology: an integrative model for multi-site community-based research
Sub-disciplines of psychology have historically focused on the development and evaluation of interventions addressing social issues. However, little has been published regarding the development and… Expand
Redistribution of gastric Helicobacter pylori after surgery for duodenal ulcer.
- A. K. Bangi, V. Kate, N. Ananthakrishnan, S. Badrinath, C. Ratnakar
- Tropical gastroenterology : official journal of…
OBJECTIVES To study the distribution of H. pylori in the stomach before and after truncal vagotomy and drainage (TV + D) for chronic duodenal ulcer. METHODS Twenty two consecutive patients studied… Expand