Antonio Gómez Rodríguez

Learn More
Genitourinary tuberculosis was diagnosed in 543 patients in Spanish hospital from 1978 through 2003. Of the 371 male 34 (9.2%) had orchiepididymitis. Mean age was 52.7 years and the presenting symptom was scrotal swelling and/or pain. Over 50% of cases involved the right ovotestis. Associated renal tuberculosis and active disease in extraurological organs(More)
OBJECTIVE The aims of this study were to investigate retroperitoneal fibrosis in a Spanish hospital and present a review of the international literature to attempt to elucidate a diagnostic and therapeutic approach to this unusual pathology. MATERIAL AND METHODS A database search was performed in the pathology department and in the documentation service(More)
PURPOSE We estimate the annual incidence of bladder cancer in Spain and describe the clinical profile of patients with bladder cancer enrolled in a population based study. MATERIALS AND METHODS Using the structure of the Spanish National Health System as a basis, in 2011 the AEU (Spanish Association of Urology) conducted this study with a representative(More)
OBJECTIVES This paper describes our MAS (major ambulatory surgery) unit and its application in urology. METHODS We reviewed our series of 415 patients seen over a period of 14 months; of these, 71 (17%) did not meet the criteria and the remaining 344 patients (83%), with ages ranging from 6 months to 78 years, were treated in our MAS unit. Surgery was(More)
OBJECTIVE We report two new cases of Sertoli cell testicular tumors, and a Cochrane and Medline search of cases published worldwide. METHODS We reviewed our series of testicular tumors, the stromal tumor incidence, clinical presentation, treatment and prognosis, and the experience reflected in the literature. RESULTS The prevalence of testicular tumors(More)
OBJECTIVES The diagnostic and therapeutic aspects of endometriosis of the bladder is reviewed. Although it is relatively uncommon, it should be taken into account when making the differential diagnosis in young females presenting with dysuria. METHODS/RESULTS A young female patient with dysuria and hypogastric pain caused by endometriosis of the bladder(More)
UNLABELLED A study of inverted urothelial papilloma in our area. METHODS A study was conducted of inverted urothelial papillomas diagnosed at our center from January 1994 to December 2007. This was a retrospective and prospective study with a descriptive statistical analysis: urological history, reason for consultation, diagnostic methods, tumor focality,(More)
The case of a 67-year-old patient who suffered an episode of malignant hyperthermia during the extraction of a cataract is described. The outcome was favourable in spite of the lack of sodium dantrolene. Twenty months later the patient was operated on the contralateral eye with local anesthesia presenting no complications. It is worthy of note that the(More)