Anthony Patrick Leslie

Learn More
This controlled trial of a parent management intervention aimed to increase parental competence in management of problem behaviours associated with Asperger syndrome. The intervention compared two formats, a 1 day workshop and six individual sessions. Measures were taken on three occasions: pre-intervention, at 4 weeks, and at 3 month follow-up. Variables(More)
OBJECTIVES (a) to determine the efficacy of papaveretum in treating pain when administered early to patients presenting with acute abdominal pain and (b) to assess its effect on subsequent diagnosis and management. DESIGN Prospective, randomised, placebo controlled study. SETTING Walsgrave Hospital, Coventry. SUBJECTS 100 consecutive patients with(More)
Friedreich's ataxia (FRDA) is the most common hereditary ataxia, affecting about 1 in 50,000 individuals. It is caused by mutations in the frataxin gene; 98% of cases have homozygous expansions of a GAA trinucleotide in intron 1 of the frataxin gene. The remaining 2% of patients are compound heterozygotes, who have a GAA repeat expansion in one allele and a(More)
We use available methods for testing macro models to evaluate a model of China over the period from Deng Xiaoping’s reforms up until the crisis period. Bayesian ranking methods are heavily in‡uenced by controversial priors on the degree of price/wage rigidity. When the overall models are tested by Likelihood or Indirect Inference methods, the New Keynesian(More)
We investigate the relative roles of monetary policy and shocks in causing the Great Moderation, using indirect inference where a DSGE model is tested for its ability to mimic a VAR describing the data. A New Keynesian model with a Taylor Rule and one with the Optimal Timeless Rule are both tested. The latter easily dominates, whether calibrated or(More)
We survey literature comparing in‡ation targeting (IT) and price-level targeting (PT) as macroeconomic stabilisation policies. Our focus is on New Keynesian models and areas that have seen signi…cant developments since Ambler’s (2009) survey: optimal monetary policy; the zero lower bound; …nancial frictions; and transition costs of adopting a PT regime.(More)
Arterial occlusion following blunt trauma is an uncommon occurrence. We report an unusual case of delayed external iliac artery occlusion in a young male following blunt abdominal injury. He was successfully treated with thromboendarterectomy and saphenous vein patch repair. There have only been a handful of documented cases occurring in the paediatric(More)
M SC ELLA N EO U S 2. Pagni S, Salloum E, Tobin G, VanHimbergen D, Spence P. Serious wound infections after minimally invasive coronary bypass procedures. Ann Thorac Surg 1998;66:92–4. 3. Pasic M, Unbehaun A, Dreysse S, et al. Transapical aortic valve implantation in 175 consecutive patients: excellent outcome in very high-risk patients. J Am Coll Cardiol(More)
  • 1