Learn More
This paper draws on two reviews commissioned by the UK Department for International Development in 2006-2007 that explore progress in linking HIV prevention and maternity services in sub-Saharan Africa. Although pilot and demonstration projects have been successful, progress in scaling up PMTCT has been slow, reaching just 11% of pregnant HIV positive women(More)
OBJECTIVE To pilot test a standardized intraoperative and postoperative nursing intervention protocol to minimize maternal-infant separation after Cesarean. DESIGN Randomized-controlled trial. SETTING A 250-bed acute care community hospital labor/delivery/recovery/postpartum unit with approximately 150 repeat Cesarean deliveries per year. PARTICIPANTS(More)
In Ireland, approximately 30% of the population ('medical card patients') are entitled to free general practitioner (GP) care while the remaining 70% ('private patients') must pay the full cost of each visit. Previous research has analysed the effect of this system on GP visiting patterns using regression methods, but to date, no attempt has been made to(More)
In the Republic of Ireland, approximately 30% of the population ('medical card patients') are entitled to free general practice services. Eligibility is determined primarily on the basis of an income means test. The remaining 70% of the population ('private patients') must pay the full cost of all general practitioner (GP) consultations. From July 2001, all(More)
  • Anne Nolan
  • 2008
OBJECTIVES To examine the extent to which proximity to the income threshold for free GP care results in significant differences in GP visiting. Approximately 30% of the Irish population receives free GP care (medical card patients), while the remaining 70% pays in full (private patients). Medical card eligibility exerts a significant influence on GP(More)
The period from 1996 to 2008 was one of rapid economic and social change in Ireland, with one of the most significant changes being the transition from a situation of net emigration to one of substantial net immigration. Although research on the impact of immigration on Irish society, as well as the labour market characteristics and experiences of(More)
In the Republic of Ireland, approximately 30 per cent of the population ('medical card patients') are entitled to free GP services. Eligibility is determined primarily on the basis of an income means test. The remaining 70 per cent of the population ('private patients') must pay the full cost of GP consultations. In July 2001, eligibility for a medical card(More)