Alma Lina Lara González

Learn More
OBJECTIVE To describe the maternal morbidity and mortality in pregnancies complicated by HELLP Syndrome. STUDY DESIGN This is a descriptive and prospective study of women with HELLP Syndrome managed at our center from January 1998 through March 2000. Patients are grouped into 3-class system of Mississippi classification. RESULTS 170 cases were analysed,(More)
UNLABELLED Many markers have been proposed to identify the pregnant woman at risk to develop preeclampsia, without finding at the moment the gold standard. OBJECTIVE The main purpose of the present study was to know if the detection of microalbuminuria in early stages of pregnancy is a good predictor of preeclampsia. METHODS AND MATERIAL One hundred and(More)
A total of 58 women with severe preeclampsia between 28-33 weeks of gestation were studied during the period from 1 October 1996 to 1 October 1997. Twenty-four women (42%) developed maternal or fetal indications necessitating early delivery within 48 hours, meanwhile the other 34 patients (58%) received expectant management. The average pregnancy(More)
UNLABELLED It has been demonstrated that the concentrations of molecules related to endothelial cell dysfunction, coagulation and vasoconstriction are altered in preeclamptic patients, but they have not been evaluated in their relationship with the severity of preeclampsia. OBJECTIVE To determine the relationship between the plasmatic concentrations of(More)
The consensus of the world literature shows that the prematurity is the first cause of perinatal morbidity and mortality. In this period several are the complications to short and long term that they can be presented, but seems be that it is the respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) the principal cause of this problems. This syndrome is frequent in the(More)
UNLABELLED Eclampsia is the most important cause of maternal mortality in our hospital. The main purpose of the present study was to define the main clinical, social and demographic profiles of the pregnant women at risk of fatality due to eclampsia. Of a total 71 maternal deaths that took place our hospital from January 1991 to December 1995, 37 cases were(More)
INTRODUCTION Poor perinatal outcome in patients with preeclampsia has been reported. This significant risk reinforces the importance of fetal evaluation. OBJECTIVE The purpose of this study was to evaluate the utility of the nonstress test (NST) in preeclampsia. STUDY DESIGN Criteria for inclusion in this report comprised pregnancies complicated by(More)
  • 1