Learn More
Comparison between the inputs of photoreceptors with different spectral sensitivities is required for color vision. In Drosophila, this is achieved in each ommatidium by the inner photoreceptors R7 and R8. Two classes of ommatidia are distributed stochastically in the retina: 30% contain UV-Rh3 in R7 and blue-Rh5 in R8, while the remaining 70% contain(More)
Tight regulation of retinoic acid (RA) distribution in the embryo is critical for normal morphogenesis. The RA-metabolizing enzymes Cyp26A1 and Cyp26B1 are believed to play important roles in protecting certain embryonic tissues from inappropriate RA signaling. We have cloned the murine Cyp26B1 cDNA and compared its expression pattern to that of Cyp26A1(More)
  • 1