Learn More
BACKGROUND The short arm of human chromosome 3 is involved in the development of many cancers including lung cancer. Three bona fide lung cancer tumor suppressor genes namely RBSP3 (AP20 region),NPRL2 and RASSF1A (LUCA region) were identified in the 3p21.3 region. We have shown previously that homozygous deletions in AP20 and LUCA sub-regions often occurred(More)
The level of ferritin in serum is known to be increased frequently in most human cancers. Ferritin consists of the heavy and light chains, encoded by FTL and FTH genes. The analysis of the EST database showed that the level of FTL and FTH mRNA is decreased in lung squamous cell carcinomas as compared to the normal tissues, no change in the mRNA level was(More)
Chromosomal and genome abnormalities of 3p are frequent events in many epithelial tumours, including lung cancer. Several critical regions with high frequency of hemi--and homozygous deletions in tumours were detected on 3p and more then 20 different cancer-related genes were identified in 3p21.3 locus. Real-time PCR was used to measure mRNA level of(More)
In this work for the first time copy number and expression changes of the tumor suppressor gene RBSP3 (3p21.3) were investigated. The study was performed on HPV-positive squamous cervical carcinoma (SCC) using real-time PCR. Deletions were detected in 42% of cases (19 of 45 studied biopsies). Frequency of deletions was significantly higher in SCC samples(More)
Quantitative methods of gene expression analysis in tumors require accurate data normalization, which allows comparison of different mRNA/cDNA samples with unknown concentration. For this purpose reference genes with stable expression level (such as GAPDH, ACTB, HPRT1, TBP) are used. The choice of appropriate reference genes is still actual because(More)
One of the hallmarks of cancer is the change of energy metabolism, mainly activation of glycolysis that occurs even at early stages of tumorigenesis. The glycolysis activation can be caused by overexpression of hexokinases, primarily HK1 and HK2. Colorectal cancer, which takes the third place in the cancer morbidity and mortality rates worldwide, is(More)
AIM To assess QRS voltage changes with lower total amount of biological fluids under ultrafiltration during hemodialysis. MATERIALS AND METHODS The study included 14 patients with chronic renal failure. An average of 2.5 +/- 0.24 liters of fluid were removed during a session. 12-lead standard ECG was continuously recorded by means of a computer-aided(More)
The starfish Asterias rubens is one of the most abundant echinoderm species in the White, Barents, North, and Baltic Seas. This species is an important component of marine ecosystems and a model object for certain biological studies, in particular those requiring quantitative estimation of gene expression. As a rule, expression at the transcriptional level(More)
A study was made of the sensitivity to prednisolone (PS) of peripheral blood mononuclear cells (MS) of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) with renal lesion showing resistance to glucocorticoids (GC). It was shown that in most of the patients (60%) MC were poorly inhibited by PS whereas the rest of the patients (40%) demonstrated in vitro(More)