Ahmed K Abou Hussein

  • Citations Per Year
Learn More
About 85% of patients with essential thrombocythemia (ET) harbor one of three driver mutations: JAK2, calreticulin (CALR), and MPL; the remaining ( ∼15%) are wild type for all three mutations and are referred to as being "triple negative." Furthermore, CALR mutations in ET are structurally classified as type 1/type 1-like or type 2/type 2-like variants. The(More)
The primary objective of treatment in essential thrombocythemia (ET) is to prevent thromboembolic complications. In this regard, advanced age and thrombosis history have long distinguished "low" from "high" risk patients. More recently, JAK2V617F and cardiovascular (CV) risk factors were identified as additional modifiers, leading to the development of a(More)
  • 1