Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
Biocontrol of Rhizoctonia solani damping-off and promotion of tomato plant growth by endophytic actinomycetes isolated from native plants of Algerian Sahara.
- Yacine Goudjal, Omrane Toumatia, A. Yekkour, N. Sabaou, F. Mathieu, A. Zitouni
- Biology, MedicineMicrobiological research
- 20 January 2014
Taxonomic position based on 16S rDNA sequence analysis and phylogenetic studies indicated that the strains CA-2 and AA-2 were related to Streptomyces mutabilis NBRC 12800(T) (100% of similarity) and StrePTomyces cyaneofuscatus JCM 4364(T), respectively.
New dithiolopyrrolone antibiotics from Saccharothrix sp. SA 233. I. Taxonomy, fermentation, isolation and biological activities.
- L. Lamari, A. Zitouni, +6 authors F. Tillequin
- Biology, MedicineThe Journal of antibiotics
- 25 August 2002
Three new natural antibacterial and antifungal dithiolopyrrolone antibiotics were isolated along with the known iso-butyropyrrothine and thiolutine from the fermentation broth of an actinomycete…
Isolation, Taxonomy, and Antagonistic Properties of Halophilic Actinomycetes in Saharan Soils of Algeria
- A. Meklat, N. Sabaou, A. Zitouni, F. Mathieu, A. Lebrihi
- Biology, MedicineApplied and Environmental Microbiology
- 15 July 2011
ABSTRACT The diversity of a population of 52 halophilic actinomycetes was evaluated by a polyphasic approach, which showed the presence of members of the Actinopolyspora, Nocardiopsis,…
Antimicrobial compounds produced by Actinomadura sp. AC104 isolated from an Algerian Saharan soil.
- B. Badji, A. Zitouni, F. Mathieu, A. Lebrihi, N. Sabaou
- Biology, MedicineCanadian journal of microbiology
- 1 April 2006
During a search for nonpolyenic antifungal antibiotics, an actinomycete designated AC104 was isolated from a Saharan soil sample by a dilution agar plating method using a chitin - vitamins B medium supplemented with rifampicin, determined to be quite different from the known species of Actinomadura.
Taxonomy and chemical characterization of new antibiotics produced by Saccharothrix SA198 isolated from a Saharan soil.
- Dalila Boubetra, N. Sabaou, A. Zitouni, C. Bijani, A. Lebrihi, F. Mathieu
- Biology, MedicineMicrobiological research
- 6 May 2013
Actinomycete strain SA198, isolated from a Saharan soil sample of Algeria, exhibited antimicrobial activity against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, and phytopathogenic and toxinogenic fungi, consistent with those of the genus Saccharothrix.
Chemical composition and antimicrobial activity of the essential oil from leaves of Algerian Melissa officinalis L.
The results showed that the essential oil presented high antimicrobial activity against all microorganisms targeted mainly against five human pathogenic bacteria, one yeast Candida albicans and two phytopathogenic fungi tested.
Nocardiopsis and Saccharothrix genera in Saharan soils in Algeria: isolation, biological activities and partial characterization of antibiotics.
- A. Zitouni, H. Boudjella, +4 authors N. Sabaou
- Biology, MedicineResearch in microbiology
- 1 December 2005
Twenty-five soil samples collected in the Algerian Sahara and analyzed to isolate rare actinomycetes were found to be related and were partially characterized as nucleotidic or nucleosidic antibiotics.
New dithiolopyrrolone antibiotics from Saccharothrix sp. SA 233. II. Physicochemical properties and structure elucidation.
- L. Lamari, A. Zitouni, +5 authors F. Tillequin
- Chemistry, MedicineThe Journal of antibiotics
- 1 August 2002
Three new natural dithiopyrrolone antibiotics were isolated along with the known isobutyropyrrothine and thiolutin from the fermentation broth of Saccharothrix sp.
Saccharothrix algeriensis sp. nov., isolated from Saharan soil.
- A. Zitouni, L. Lamari, +6 authors D. Labeda
- Biology, MedicineInternational journal of systematic and…
- 1 July 2004
Phylogenetic analysis of the strain from 16S rDNA sequences, along with a detailed analysis of morphological, chemotaxonomic and physiological characteristics, indicates that it belongs to the genus Saccharothrix and represents a novel species that is readily distinguished from all recognized SacCharothrix species.
Endophytic actinomycetes from spontaneous plants of Algerian Sahara: indole-3-acetic acid production and tomato plants growth promoting activity
- Yacine Goudjal, Omrane Toumatia, N. Sabaou, M. Barakate, F. Mathieu, A. Zitouni
- Biology, MedicineWorld journal of microbiology & biotechnology
- 12 April 2013
Twenty-seven endophytic actinomycete strains were isolated from five spontaneous plants well adapted to the poor sandy soil and arid climatic conditions of the Algerian Sahara and indicated that strain PT2 was closely related to Streptomyces enissocaecilis NRRL B 16365T, StrePTomyces rochei NBRC 12908T and Streptomers plicatus NBRC 13071T, with 99.52 % similarity.