Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Complementary and alternative medicine use in Australia: a national population-based survey.
- C. Xue, A. Zhang, V. Lin, C. da Costa, D. Story
- Journal of alternative and complementary medicine
- 25 August 2007
OBJECTIVE To investigate the use of and expenditure on 17 of the most popular forms of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) by adult Australians, sociodemographic characteristics of CAM… Expand
Global, regional, and national age-sex specific mortality for 264 causes of death, 1980–2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016
- Amanuel Alemu Cristiana Kaja M Foad Semaw Ferede Victor Ol Abajobir Abbafati Abbas Abd-Allah Abera Aboyans Ad, A. Abajobir, +598 authors P. C. Gupta
- The Lancet
- 16 September 2017
Summary Background Monitoring levels and trends in premature mortality is crucial to understanding how societies can address prominent sources of early death. The Global Burden of Disease 2016 Study… Expand
Acupuncture, chiropractic and osteopathy use in Australia: a national population survey
BackgroundThere have been no published national studies on the use in Australia of the manipulative therapies, acupuncture, chiropractic or osteopathy, or on matters including the purposes for which… Expand
Smoking prevalence and attributable disease burden in 195 countries and territories, 1990–2015: a systematic analysis from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015
- Marissa B Nancy Marie Joseph S Amanuel Kalkidan Hassen Cri Reitsma Fullman Ng Salama Abajobir Abate Abbafati , Marissa B Reitsma, +231 authors Emmanuela Gakidou
- The Lancet
- 13 May 2017
Summary Background The scale-up of tobacco control, especially after the adoption of the Framework Convention for Tobacco Control, is a major public health success story. Nonetheless, smoking remains… Expand
Improper motorcycle helmet use in provincial areas of a developing country.
- L. Li, Gong-li Li, Qi-En Cai, A. Zhang, S. Lo
- Medicine, Engineering
- Accident; analysis and prevention
- 1 November 2008
Motorcycle helmet wearing rates remain low in smaller cities in developing countries. We therefore examined the knowledge, attitudes, and behavior of motorcyclists towards helmet use in two mid-sized… Expand
The efficacy of acupoint stimulation for the management of therapy-related adverse events in patients with breast cancer: a systematic review
- Li-Fen Chao, A. Zhang, Hsueh-Erh Liu, Ming-huei Cheng, Hung-Bun Lam, S. Lo
- Breast Cancer Research and Treatment
- 17 September 2009
The aim of the present study was to scrutinize the evidence on the use of acupoint stimulation for managing therapy-related adverse events in breast cancer. A comprehensive search was conducted on… Expand
The effect of Tai Chi on psychosocial well-being: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials.
- W. Wang, A. Zhang, +5 authors S. Lo
- Journal of acupuncture and meridian studies
- 1 September 2009
OBJECTIVE This systematic review aimed to critically appraise published clinical trials designed to assess the effect of Tai Chi on psychosocial well-being. DATA SOURCES Databases searched included… Expand
A profile of osteopathic practice in Australia 2010–2011: a cross sectional survey
BackgroundThere is limited evidence available to describe a profile of osteopathic practice in Australia. The purpose of this study was to describe the current activities of Australian osteopaths,… Expand
Beliefs and attitudes towards complementary medicine among registered nurses in Hong Kong.
- E. Holroyd, A. Zhang, L. Suen, C. L. Xue
- International journal of nursing studies
- 1 November 2008
BACKGROUND The personal use of and professional recommendation for complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) has been found to be related to nurses' knowledge and type of training background.… Expand
Polyphenol protection and treatment of hypertension.
- H. Hügel, N. Jackson, B. May, A. Zhang, C. Xue
- Phytomedicine : international journal of…
- 15 February 2016
INTRODUCTION High blood pressure is the major risk factor for cardiovascular diseases and the rising prevalence of human hypertension precedes the trend toward a global epidemic of unhealthy ageing.… Expand