• Publications
  • Influence
Updated Definitions of Healthy Ranges for Serum Alanine Aminotransferase Levels
Context Current upper limits (500 nkat/L [30 U/L] for women, 667 nkat/L [40 U/L] for men) for serum alanine aminotransferase (ALT) level were defined in populations that included persons withExpand
  • 1,203
  • 65
Genomewide Association Study of Severe Covid-19 with Respiratory Failure
Abstract Background There is considerable variation in disease behavior among patients infected with severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), the virus that causes coronavirusExpand
  • 349
  • 20
  • PDF
Clinical heterogeneity and predictors of outcome in primary autoimmune hemolytic anemia: a GIMEMA study of 308 patients.
The clinical outcome, response to treatment, and occurrence of acute complications were retrospectively investigated in 308 primary autoimmune hemolytic anemia (AIHA) cases and correlated withExpand
  • 157
  • 16
  • PDF
Treatment of autoimmune hemolytic anemias
Autoimmune hemolytic anemia (AIHA) is a relatively uncommon disorder caused by autoantibodies directed against self red blood cells. It can be idiopathic or secondary, and classified as warm, coldExpand
  • 142
  • 11
  • PDF
Complement fraction 3 binding on erythrocytes as additional mechanism of disease in paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria patients treated by eculizumab.
In paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) hemolytic anemia is due mainly to deficiency of the complement regulator CD59 on the surface of red blood cells (RBCs). Eculizumab, an antibody thatExpand
  • 199
  • 10
  • PDF
Primary and secondary autoimmune neutropenia
Antineutrophil antibodies are well recognized causes of neutropenia, producing both quantitative and qualitative defects in neutrophils and increased risk for infection. In primary autoimmuneExpand
  • 126
  • 10
Extensive Analysis of the Cytoplasmic Proteome of Human Erythrocytes Using the Peptide Ligand Library Technology and Advanced Mass Spectrometry*S
The erythrocyte cytoplasmic proteome is composed of 98% hemoglobin; the remaining 2% is largely unexplored. Here we used a combinatorial library of hexameric peptides as a capturing agent to lowerExpand
  • 214
  • 7
Lung regional metabolic activity and gas volume changes induced by tidal ventilation in patients with acute lung injury.
RATIONALE During acute lung injury (ALI), mechanical ventilation can aggravate inflammation by promoting alveolar distension and cyclic recruitment-derecruitment. As an estimate of the intensity ofExpand
  • 170
  • 7
Relationship between autoimmune phenomena and disease stage and therapy in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
The aim of this multicenter GIMEMA study was to correlate autoimmune complications (AIC) in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (B-CLL) with stage and therapy. Autoimmune hemolytic anemia (129/194Expand
  • 84
  • 7
  • PDF
Clinical and hematologic features of 300 patients affected by hereditary spherocytosis grouped according to the type of the membrane protein defect
The molecular basis of hereditary spherocytosis is highly heterogeneous, involving the genes encoding for spectrin, ankyrin, band 3 and protein 4.2. The findings of this retrospective study show thatExpand
  • 124
  • 6
  • PDF