Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Metabolic effects of L-carnitine on type 2 diabetes mellitus: systematic review and meta-analysis.
- A. Vidal-Casariego, R. Burgospelaez, +4 authors C. Cuerda-Compes
- Experimental and clinical endocrinology…
- 21 February 2013
INTRODUCTION Carnitine is an endogenous metabolite and exogenous nutrient with a pivotal role in lipid metabolism. Plasma levels of carnitine are reduced in type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (T2DM). The aim… Expand
Efficacy of Glutamine in the Prevention of Oral Mucositis and Acute Radiation-Induced Esophagitis: A Retrospective Study
- A. Vidal-Casariego, A. Calleja-Fernández, M. Ballesteros-Pomar, I. Cano-Rodríguez
- Nutrition and cancer
- 26 March 2013
Glutamine is a nutraceutic with antioxidant and immune functions that can protect from adverse effects associated with radiation therapy (RT). The aim of this study was to test whether oral glutamine… Expand
Effectiveness of energy-restricted diets with different protein:carbohydrate ratios: the relationship to insulin sensitivity.
- M. Ballesteros-Pomar, A. Calleja-Fernández, A. Vidal-Casariego, A. Urioste-Fondo, I. Cano-Rodríguez
- Public health nutrition
- 1 December 2010
OBJECTIVE Insulin sensitivity could determine the effectiveness of weight-loss diets with different protein:carbohydrate ratios. Our aim was to evaluate whether or not energy-restricted diets with… Expand
Parenteral Nutrition–Associated Hyperglycemia in Non–Critically Ill Inpatients Increases the Risk of In-Hospital Mortality (Multicenter Study)
OBJECTIVE Hyperglycemia may increase mortality in patients who receive total parenteral nutrition (TPN). However, this has not been well studied in noncritically ill patients (i.e., patients in the… Expand
Efficacy of glutamine in the prevention of acute radiation enteritis: a randomized controlled trial.
- A. Vidal-Casariego, A. Calleja-Fernández, Juan José Ortiz de Urbina-González, I. Cano-Rodríguez, F. Cordido, M. Ballesteros-Pomar
- JPEN. Journal of parenteral and enteral nutrition
- 1 February 2014
BACKGROUND Acute radiation enteritis is a common adverse effect related to radiotherapy (RT). Glutamine is an immune modulator and antioxidant amino acid that can exert a protective role in patients… Expand
Efficacy of arginine-enriched enteral formulas in the reduction of surgical complications in head and neck cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- A. Vidal-Casariego, A. Calleja-Fernández, R. Villar-Taibo, G. Kyriakos, M. Ballesteros-Pomar
- Clinical nutrition
- 1 December 2014
INTRODUCTION Arginine improves healing and modulates inflammation and the immune response. A systematic review and meta-analysis were conducted to assess whether arginine-enriched enteral formulas… Expand
Appetite disorders in cancer patients: Impact on nutritional status and quality of life
- D. B. Galindo, A. Vidal-Casariego, A. Calleja-Fernández, A. Hernández-Moreno, M. Ballesteros-Pomar
- 1 July 2017
Cancer patients are at high risk of malnutrition due to several symptoms such as lack of appetite. The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence of different appetite disorders in cancer… Expand
Long-term outcome of multimodal therapy for giant prolactinomas
Giant prolactinomas are rare tumors characterized by their large size, compressive symptoms, and extremely high prolactin secretion. The aim of this study is to describe our experience with a series… Expand
Prevalence of diabetes, prediabetes, and stress hyperglycemia: insulin therapy and metabolic control in patients on total parenteral nutrition (prospective multicenter study).
- Study Group Of Hyperglycemia In Parenteral Nutriti, G. Olveira, +32 authors María C. Tous
- Endocrine practice : official journal of the…
OBJECTIVE The prevalence of carbohydrate metabolism disorders in patients who receive total parenteral nutrition (TPN) is not well known. These disorders can affect the treatment, metabolic control,… Expand
Biliopancreatic Diversion for Severe Obesity: Long-Term Effectiveness and Nutritional Complications
- M. Ballesteros-Pomar, T. González de Francisco, +5 authors I. Cano-Rodríguez
- Obesity Surgery
BackgroundBariatric surgery is currently the treatment of choice for those patients with severe obesity, but the procedure of choice is not clearly established. We describe weight loss and… Expand