Guidelines for the use and interpretation of assays for monitoring autophagy (4th edition)1
- D. Klionsky, A. K. Abdel-Aziz, Chunmei Tong
- 2 January 2021
A set of guidelines for investigators to select and interpret methods to examine autophagy and related processes, and for reviewers to provide realistic and reasonable critiques of reports that are focused on these processes are presented.
Ataxia-telangiectasia mutated kinase (ATM) as a central regulator of radiation-induced DNA damage response.
- A. Tichý, J. Vávrová, J. Pejchal, M. Řezáčová
- BiologyActa medica
Its main signalling targets are described and its importance in DNA repair as well as novel findings linked to this key regulatory enzyme in the terms of ionizing radiation-induced DNA damage are discussed.
Accumulation of DNA Damage and Cell Death after Fractionated Irradiation
- M. Řezáčová, Gabriela Rudolfová, S. Kozubek
- Medicine, BiologyRadiation Research
- 25 March 2011
It is suggested that exponentially growing lymphocytic leukemia cells, similar to rapidly proliferating tumors, are not very sensitive to fraction size, in contrast to the more slowly growing fibroblasts and most late-responding normal tissues, which have a low proliferation index.
FDXR is a biomarker of radiation exposure in vivo
- G. O'Brien, L. Cruz-Garcia, C. Badie
- Medicine, BiologyScientific Reports
- 12 January 2018
The remarkable responsiveness of FDXR to ionising radiation at the transcriptional level which, when measured in the right time window, provides accurate in vivo dose estimates is reported.
Inhibition of ATR kinase with the selective inhibitor VE-821 results in radiosensitization of cells of promyelocytic leukaemia (HL-60)
- J. Vávrová, L. Zárybnická, Kamila Ďurišová
- Biology, MedicineRadiation and Environmental Biophysics
- 11 August 2013
The ATR kinase inhibition offers a new possibility of radiosensitization of tumour cells lacking functional protein p53, as compared to the inhibition of kinase ATM with the inhibitor KU55933.
Gamma-radiation-induced ATM-dependent signalling in human T-lymphocyte leukemic cells, MOLT-4.
- A. Tichý, D. Záškodová, J. Osterreicher
- Biology, ChemistryActa Biochimica Polonica
Neither ATM nor its downstream targets showed a dose-dependent response after 1 h when irradiated by the doses of 1-10 Gy, and MOLT-4 cells were very sensitive to the effect of IR.
Establishing an efficacious dose rate of monepantel for treating gastrointestinal nematodes in llamas under field conditions
- A. Dadak, H. Asanger, A. Tichý, S. Franz
- Biology, MedicineThe Veterinary Record
- 3 January 2013
It is difficult to estimate whether anthelmintic drugs applied at dose rates and routes suggested for horses, sheep or cattle lead to drug levels able to treat endoparasitism in SACs, because very few data are published on proper dose regimen in S ACs.
Lys05 – A Promising Autophagy Inhibitor in the Radiosensitization Battle: Phosphoproteomic Perspective
- Martin Ondrej, Lucie Čecháková, I. Fabrik, J. Klimentova, A. Tichý
- Biology, MedicineCancer Genomics & Proteomics
- 1 July 2020
This work contributes to emerging phosphoproteomic insights into autophagy-mediated global signaling in lung cancer cells, which might consequently facilitate the development of precision medicine therapeutics.
Radio-sensitization of human leukaemic MOLT-4 cells by DNA-dependent protein kinase inhibitor, NU7441
- A. Tichý, Kamila Ďurišová, Z. Sinkorova
- BiologyRadiation and Environmental Biophysics
- 1 March 2014
NU7441 proved as a potent radio-sensitizing agent, and it might provide a platform for development of new radio-Sensitizers in radiotherapy.
The role of atorvastatin in bone metabolism in male albino Wistar rats.
- I. Gradošová, H. Živná, K. Svejkovská, V. Palička, A. Tichý, P. Živný
- Biology, MedicinePharmazie
- 1 August 2011
The results suggest that atorvastatin has a positive effect on bone metabolism in rats by maintenance of BMD and the biomechanical characteristics of bone.