Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Neurologic manifestations and outcome of West Nile virus infection.
CONTEXT The neurologic manifestations, laboratory findings, and outcome of patients with West Nile virus (WNV) infection have not been prospectively characterized. OBJECTIVE To describe… Expand
Comparing Aberration Detection Methods with Simulated Data
- L. Hutwagner, T. Browne, G. Seeman, A. Fleischauer
- Computer Science, Medicine
- Emerging infectious diseases
- 1 February 2005
We compared aberration detection methods requiring historical data to those that require little background by using simulated data. Expand
Risk of malignancy in patients with celiac disease.
- P. Green, A. Fleischauer, G. Bhagat, Rishi Goyal, B. Jabri, A. Neugut
- The American journal of medicine
- 15 August 2003
PURPOSE Studies from Europe have demonstrated an increased risk of malignancy, especially non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, in patients with celiac disease. However, there are no data on the risk for similar… Expand
Antioxidants and cancer therapy: a systematic review.
- E. Ladas, J. Jacobson, Deborah D Kennedy, Katherine Teel, A. Fleischauer, K. Kelly
- Journal of clinical oncology : official journal…
- 1 February 2004
PURPOSE Many patients with cancer take antioxidant nutritional supplements during cancer treatment to alleviate treatment toxicities and to improve long-term outcomes, but little is known about the… Expand
Garlic consumption and cancer prevention: meta-analyses of colorectal and stomach cancers.
BACKGROUND Animal and in vitro studies have provided evidence of an anticarcinogenic effect of active ingredients in garlic. OBJECTIVE The objective was to conduct meta-analyses of the… Expand
The next public health revolution: public health information fusion and social networks.
- A. Khan, A. Fleischauer, J. Casani, S. Groseclose
- American journal of public health
- 1 July 2010
Social, political, and economic disruptions caused by natural and human-caused public health emergencies have catalyzed public health efforts to expand the scope of biosurveillance and increase the… Expand
Using Near Real-Time Morbidity Data to Identify Heat-Related Illness Prevention Strategies in North Carolina
- Sarah Rhea, A. Ising, A. Fleischauer, Lana Deyneka, Heather Vaughan-Batten, A. Waller
- Journal of Community Health
- 1 April 2012
Timely public health interventions reduce heat-related illnesses (HRIs). HRI emergency department (ED) visit data provide near real-time morbidity information to local and state public health… Expand
Dietary Antioxidants, Supplements, and Risk of Epithelial Ovarian Cancer
- A. Fleischauer, S. Olson, L. Mignone, N. Simonsen, T. Caputo, S. Harlap
- Nutrition and cancer
- 1 May 2001
Several studies of dietary and serum antioxidant micronutrients (vitamins A, C, and E and β-carotene) suggest that higher levels may be protective for ovarian cancer. None of these has examined… Expand
Fatal Apophysomyces elegans Infection Transmitted by Deceased Donor Renal Allografts
- B. D. Alexander, W. Schell, +14 authors B. J. Park
- American journal of transplantation : official…
- 1 September 2010
Two patients developed renal mucormycosis following transplantation of kidneys from the same donor, a near‐drowning victim in a motor vehicle crash. Genotypically, indistinguishable strains of… Expand
Implementation of laboratory order data in BioSense Early Event Detection and Situation Awareness System.
- H. Ma, H. Rolka, K. Mandl, D. Buckeridge, A. Fleischauer, J. Pavlin
- MMWR supplements
- 26 August 2005
INTRODUCTION Laboratory test orders constitute an early outbreak data source. CDC receives laboratory order data in HL7 format from the Laboratory Corporation of America (LabCorp) and plans to use… Expand