Share This Author
Antimicrobial and cytotoxic agents from Calophyllum inophyllum.
Lupeol long-chain fatty acid esters with antimalarial activity from Holarrhena floribunda.
- J. Fotie, D. S. Bohle, M. Leimanis, E. Georges, G. Rukunga, A. E. Nkengfack
- ChemistryJournal of natural products
An ethnopharmacological investigation was conducted among the Baka pygmies of Dja biosphere reserve (Cameroon) to collect information on the antimalarial plants used in their daily life, and extracts of H. floribunda showed remarkable inhibitory activity against drug-resistant strains of Plasmodium falciparum.
Cytotoxic and antimicrobial coumarins from Mammea africana
- B. M. Ouahouo, A. Azebaze, M. Meyer, B. Bodo, Z. Fomum, A. E. Nkengfack
- ChemistryAnnals of tropical medicine and parasitology
- 1 October 2004
All the coumarin compounds showed noteworthy cytotoxicity against the human 9-KB cell line and both of the 4-n-propylcoumarins were also found to exhibit significant activity against Staphylococcus aureus.
Globulixanthones A and B, two new cytotoxic xanthones with isoprenoid groups from the root bark of Symphonia globulifera.
- A. E. Nkengfack, P. Mkounga, Z. Fomum, M. Meyer, B. Bodo
- ChemistryJournal of Natural Products
- 10 April 2002
Bioassay-guided fractionation of a root bark extract of Symphonia globulifera has yielded two new xanthones with isoprenoid units, named globulixanthones A and B, which possess significant cytotoxicity in vitro against the KB cell line.
Indicanines B and C, two isoflavonoid derivatives from the root bark of Erythrina indica.
Phenolic metabolites from Erythrina species
Laurentixanthones A and B, antimicrobial xanthones from Vismia laurentii.
Characterization of Proanthocyanidins from Parkia biglobosa (Jacq.) G. Don. (Fabaceae) by Flow Injection Analysis — Electrospray Ionization Ion Trap Tandem Mass Spectrometry and Liquid…
- V. R. S. Tala, Viviane Candida da Silva, Clenilson M. Rodrigues, A. E. Nkengfack, L. Campaner Dos Santos, W. Vilegas
- 1 March 2013
The antiradical activity of extracts of roots and barks from Parkia biglobosa was evaluated using DPPH method and they showed satisfactory activities and the analysis evidenced the presence of up to 40 proanthocyanidins, some of which are reported for the first time.
Prenylated xanthone derivatives with antiplasmodial activity from Allanblackia monticola STANER L.C.
- A. Azebaze, M. Meyer, A. Valentin, E. L. Nguemfo, Z. Fomum, A. E. Nkengfack
- ChemistryChemical and pharmaceutical bulletin
- 8 August 2006
The methanol extract and pure compounds were tested on two strains of Plasmodium falciparum, F32 ( chloroquine sensitive) and FcM29 (chloroquine resistant) and the IC50 values obtained ranged from 0.6 to 8.9 microg/ml.