Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Efficacy of Glutamine in the Prevention of Oral Mucositis and Acute Radiation-Induced Esophagitis: A Retrospective Study
- A. Vidal-Casariego, A. Calleja-Fernández, M. Ballesteros-Pomar, I. Cano-Rodríguez
- Nutrition and cancer
- 26 March 2013
Glutamine is a nutraceutic with antioxidant and immune functions that can protect from adverse effects associated with radiation therapy (RT). The aim of this study was to test whether oral glutamine… Expand
Effectiveness of energy-restricted diets with different protein:carbohydrate ratios: the relationship to insulin sensitivity.
- M. Ballesteros-Pomar, A. Calleja-Fernández, A. Vidal-Casariego, A. Urioste-Fondo, I. Cano-Rodríguez
- Public health nutrition
- 1 December 2010
OBJECTIVE Insulin sensitivity could determine the effectiveness of weight-loss diets with different protein:carbohydrate ratios. Our aim was to evaluate whether or not energy-restricted diets with… Expand
Efficacy of glutamine in the prevention of acute radiation enteritis: a randomized controlled trial.
- A. Vidal-Casariego, A. Calleja-Fernández, Juan José Ortiz de Urbina-González, I. Cano-Rodríguez, F. Cordido, M. Ballesteros-Pomar
- JPEN. Journal of parenteral and enteral nutrition
- 1 February 2014
BACKGROUND Acute radiation enteritis is a common adverse effect related to radiotherapy (RT). Glutamine is an immune modulator and antioxidant amino acid that can exert a protective role in patients… Expand
Efficacy of arginine-enriched enteral formulas in the reduction of surgical complications in head and neck cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- A. Vidal-Casariego, A. Calleja-Fernández, R. Villar-Taibo, G. Kyriakos, M. Ballesteros-Pomar
- Clinical nutrition
- 1 December 2014
INTRODUCTION Arginine improves healing and modulates inflammation and the immune response. A systematic review and meta-analysis were conducted to assess whether arginine-enriched enteral formulas… Expand
Appetite disorders in cancer patients: Impact on nutritional status and quality of life
- D. B. Galindo, A. Vidal-Casariego, A. Calleja-Fernández, A. Hernández-Moreno, M. Ballesteros-Pomar
- 1 July 2017
Cancer patients are at high risk of malnutrition due to several symptoms such as lack of appetite. The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence of different appetite disorders in cancer… Expand
Insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome are related to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, but not visceral adiposity index, in severely obese patients.
- R. Díez-Rodríguez, M. Ballesteros-Pomar, +5 authors J. L. Olcoz-Goñi
- Revista espanola de enfermedades digestivas…
- 1 December 2014
The visceral adiposity index (VAI) is a marker of visceral fat distribution and dysfunction. Visceral adiposity is related to nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD); however, there is some… Expand
Biliopancreatic Diversion for Severe Obesity: Long-Term Effectiveness and Nutritional Complications
- M. Ballesteros-Pomar, T. González de Francisco, +5 authors I. Cano-Rodríguez
- Obesity Surgery
BackgroundBariatric surgery is currently the treatment of choice for those patients with severe obesity, but the procedure of choice is not clearly established. We describe weight loss and… Expand
Inflammatory status is different in relationship to insulin resistance in severely obese people and changes after bariatric surgery or diet-induced weight loss.
- M. Ballesteros-Pomar, S. Calleja, +5 authors J. L. Olcoz-Goñi
- Experimental and clinical endocrinology…
- 8 July 2014
AIM To assess if insulin resistance is related to a different inflammatory status (especially lymphocyte subpopulations) in severely obese people and to evaluate changes after weight loss either… Expand
Consumption of Low-Fat Dairy Products and Energy and Protein Intake in Cancer Patients at Risk of Malnutrition
- A. Vidal-Casariego, B. Pintor-de la Maza, A. Calleja-Fernández, R. Villar-Taibo, I. Cano-Rodríguez, M. Ballesteros-Pomar
- Nutrition and cancer
- 2 January 2015
Current nutritional guidelines encourage the reduction of fat intake from animal sources like dairy products. The aim was to determine whether the consumption of low-fat dairy is related to poorer… Expand
Effects of oral glutamine during abdominal radiotherapy on chronic radiation enteritis: a randomized controlled trial.
- A. Vidal-Casariego, A. Calleja-Fernández, I. Cano-Rodríguez, F. Cordido, M. Ballesteros-Pomar
OBJECTIVE Glutamine has been proposed as a preventive treatment for toxicity related to cancer therapies. The aim of this study was to test the efficacy of glutamine in the prevention of radiation… Expand