Identification of selected seaweed polysaccharides (phycocolloids) by vibrational spectroscopy (FTIR-ATR and FT-Raman)
- L. Pereira, A. Amado, A. Critchley, F. V. D. Velde, P. Ribeiro-Claro
- 1 October 2009
Use of FTIR, FT-Raman and 13C-NMR spectroscopy for identification of some seaweed phycocolloids.
- L. Pereira, A. Sousa, Helena Coelho, A. Amado, P. Ribeiro-Claro
- Chemistry, MedicineBiomolecular Engineering
- 1 July 2003
A comparative analysis of phycocolloids produced by underutilized versus industrially utilized carrageenophytes (Gigartinales, Rhodophyta)
- L. Pereira, A. Critchley, A. Amado, P. Ribeiro-Claro
- BiologyJournal of Applied Phycology
- 26 May 2009
The main findings were that the highest carrageenan yield was obtained from K. striatum (Madagascar) and that the use as potential candidates in integrated multitrophic aquaculture is tentative.
Probing pseudopolymorphic transitions in pharmaceutical solids using Raman spectroscopy: hydration and dehydration of theophylline.
- A. Amado, M. Nolasco, P. Ribeiro-Claro
- Chemistry, Materials ScienceJournal of Pharmacy and Science
- 1 May 2007
The kinetics of the pseudopolymorphic transitions of theophylline crystals in different storage conditions is studied using a vibrational spectroscopic technique and the phase stability of hydrate-anhydrate systems in different relative humidity conditions was probed.
Mean distance of closest approach of ions: Lithium salts in aqueous solutions
- A. C. Ribeiro, M. A. Esteso, Maria Aparecida Ribeiro
- 15 September 2006
Conformational and vibrational reassessment of solid paracetamol.
- A. Amado, Celeste Azevedo, P. Ribeiro-Claro
- ChemistrySpectrochimica Acta Part A - Molecular and…
- 5 August 2017
Pt(II) vs Pd(II) Polyamine Complexes as New Anticancer Drugs: A Structure- Activity Study
- S. M. Fiuza, A. Amado, P. J. Oliveira, V. Sardão, L. A. D. Carvalho, M. Marques
- 31 March 2006
Two homologous trinuclear polyamine chelates with either Pt(II) (Ia) or Pd(II) (Ib) were screened for their anticancer properties. Their growth-inhibition activity towards a human tongue epithelioma…
Conformational and vibrational study of platinum(II) anticancer drugs: cis-diamminedichloro-platinum(II) as a case study.
- A. Amado, S. M. Fiuza, M. Marques, L. B. D. Batista de Carvalho
- ChemistryJournal of Chemical Physics
- 12 November 2007
A conformational and vibrational analysis of cisplatin [cis-diamminedichloro-platinum(II)] (cDDP) is reported and the structural parameters and vibratory results predicted by the calculations are compared with the corresponding experimental data.
Use of effective core potential calculations for the conformational and vibrational study of platinum(II) anticancer drugs. cis-Diamminedichloroplatinum(II) as a case study.
- S. M. Fiuza, A. Amado, M. Marques, L. B. D. de Carvalho
- ChemistryJournal of Physical Chemistry A
- 10 April 2008
The use of theoretical (quantum mechanical) calculations for achieving the exact knowledge of their conformational preferences is reported, which found the DFT methods to be the best choice for describing cDDP.
Coordination properties of 2-aminocyclopentene-1-dithiocarboxylic acid to transition metal ions as studied by ab initio calculations.
- A. Amado, P. Ribeiro-Claro
- ChemistryJournal of Inorganic Biochemistry
- 1 April 2004