A. N. Srivastava

Learn More
AIM To report a case of papillary renal cell carcinoma in a pediatric patient. METHOD A seven-year-old boy complained of hematuria for one year. CT scan showed a mass in the middle zone of the right kidney. Radical nephrectomy was performed without incident. RESULT Histology of the specimen showed papillary renal cell carcinoma. As the tumor was stage(More)
OBJECTIVE MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are short regulatory RNAs that can modulate gene expression and function as negative regulators. Common genetic variants like single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in miRNA genes may alter their expression or maturation resulting in varied functional consequences in carcinogenesis. Therefore, we evaluated the genetic variants(More)
PURPOSE Role of risk factors in cervical carcinogenesis and strategies for control of the disease have been assessed from the accumulated cytological data, derived from 35 years of hospital-based screening in Lucknow, North India. MATERIALS AND METHODS A total of 36,484 women have been cytologically screened during a span of 35 years (April 1971 - June(More)
To emphasize that solitary hydatid cyst can be localized in the soft tissue and present as a soft tissue mass even in an unusual site like face, we report the case of a 42-year-old male patient presenting with a slowly growing mass in right temporal region. Computed tomography (CT) scan showed an encapsulated mass with multiple cysts. Histopathological(More)
OBJECTIVE To evaluate the risks imposed by tobacco smoking, in particular, bidi smoking, in the development of lung cancer. METHODS Two hundred eighty-four histologically confirmed patients of bronchogenic carcinoma and 852 controls matched for age, sex, and socioeconomic status were interviewed according to a predesigned questionnaire. Effects of(More)
Metastatic carcinoma in an abdominal wall incision from internal malignant neoplasm is an uncommon and often a preterminal event. Most commonly metastatic skin incisional cancers have been reported with cancers of colon, kidney, and bladder. Incisional metastasis from postoperative case of carcinoma cervix is very rare. It has been reported in few patients(More)
INTRODUCTION Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection is associated with divergent clinical outcomes and these outcomes are largely influenced by the levels of cytokines in the gastric mucosa. The levels of these cytokines are dependant on cytokine gene polymorphisms. Pro-inflammatory cytokine polymorphisms are strongly associated with severe histological(More)
BACKGROUND Free radical Injury is associated with cancer, but how the extent of oxidative stress correlates with the FIGO (International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics) stage in Carcinoma Cervix (Ca Cx), and its significance as a prognostic marker, is not clear and needs an in-depth study. AIM To correlate the blood levels of Lipid Peroxidation(More)
The present communication deals with the study of 388 tumours of the male urogenital tract diagnosed histopathologically during the period of 1984 to 1990. Of these 12 (3.09%) were benign and the rest 376 (96.91%) malignant. The incidence of malignant growths of male urogenital tract was 8.71% of all the malignancies or 14.19% of all cancers in males. Renal(More)
OBJECTIVE To compare four conventional methods of diagnosing tuberculous lymphadenophathy (TL)--namely fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC), Zeihl-Neelsen staining of smears for acid-fast bacilli (AFB), culture for Mycobacterium tuberculosis (MTB) and lymph node biopsies--with the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) in order to assess the practicability and(More)