Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Ethnicity and Occupational Structure in Canada in 1871: The Vertical Mosaic in Historical Perspective
The relationship between ethnicity and occupational structure has been a preoccupation f North American sociology and social history. • According to most interpretations differences in the… Expand
Unsurmountable antagonism to 5-hydroxytryptamine in rat kidney results from pseudoirreversible inhibition rather than multiple receptors or allosteric receptor modulation.
- R. Bond, A. Ornstein, D. E. Clarke
- Biology, Medicine
- The Journal of pharmacology and experimental…
- 1 May 1989
Experiments were conducted in the isolated perfused rat kidney to determine the mechanism of unsurmountable antagonism by metergoline toward the vasoconstrictor response to 5-hydroxytryptamine… Expand
Partial agonistic activity of GR43175 at the inhibitory prejunctional 5-HT1-like receptor in rat kidney.
- R. Bond, D. Craig, K. G. Charlton, A. Ornstein, D. E. Clarke
- Journal of autonomic pharmacology
- 1 June 1989
1. The pharmacological effect of the selective 5-HT receptor agonist GR43175 has been studied in the isolated perfused rat kidney with particular reference to the inhibitory prejunctional 5-HT1-like… Expand
An analysis of unsurmountable antagonism to 5-hydroxytryptamine in the isolated perfused rat kidney: evidence for pseudoirreversible inhibition
Many 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) antagonists give rise to unsurmountable antagonism. Unlike competitive antagonism, unsurmountable antagonism is not limited to a single mechanism, and therefore its… Expand
Detection of cancer by means of infrared spectroscopy
- Y. Weissman, Aharon Bonstein, T. Babushkin, Zvi Malik, A. Ornstein
- Chemistry, Engineering
- Other Conferences
- 22 September 1997
We have measured the mid-infrared spectra of several tissues in a malignant and normal state, using the ATR sampling method. The aim of the experiments was to detect cancer signatures that were… Expand