• Citations Per Year
Learn More
In a review of the effect of gynecological operations on sexual function, difficulties resulting from operative technique and from psychological side effects were discussed. In repair of prolapse of the vagina, operative technique has been considered of crucial importance in influencing the sexual life of the patient. Preoperative clinical assessment(More)
In a reveiw of sexual problems after gynecological operations, social, cultural, and psychological overtones beyond the immediate physical effect were discussed. Sexual difficulty may occur unless sympathetic advice has been made available before and after a procedure. Hysterectomy, either abdominal or vaginal, results in only temporary restriction of 6(More)
  • A G Amias
  • British journal of obstetrics and gynaecology
  • 1987
Of 850 consultant gynaecologists in Great Britain who were asked about their preferred method of pelvic examination, 777 (91%) replied including 87 women. Of these, 574 (74%) regularly choose the dorsal position both for bimanual and speculum examination although 227 of this group use the lateral position in some circumstances. The other 203 (26%) preferred(More)
  • 1